27 March 2008

travel + changes

the sun and warmth were wonderful. i could have stayed so much longer in australia enjoying the weather and beach and my family. it was a great break from the 9 to 5 that i didn't realized i needed so badly. the re-entry was a little rough. besides leaving my ipod on the airplane, i came home to a few issues and struggles at the job... where did we start valuing money so much over ethics and quality? what happened to being a part of an organization that had a higher purpose? what good are we really doing for the community? how did the priorities of a once family owned company become so skewed?  looks like i may have a little more motivation to journey into the world of self-employment. 

1 comment:

jeanne said...

...came upon your blog randomly. Are you from Australia? My husband & I are going in November. What should we NOT miss? We are spending a couple days in New Zealand, also. I enjoyed your blog! :)
jshelley13@yahoo.com